Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Gearing Up For Halloween with Little Ones




Halloween can be such a fun holiday and time of year, however not everything relating to Halloween needs to be scary. Little ones are not quite up for the scare factor of Halloween and who can blame them?! Although I used to enjoy getting myself all worked up with a good horror movie when I was in my teens - a few favs being The Ring, The Grudge, Jason, Freddy Krueger, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, just to name a few - having children has brought forth my skittish side as well. I often find myself wondering if we should skip Halloween altogether. My oldest is only 9 and still scares easily, followed by my newly 3 year old son who is brave when it comes to dinosaurs and Transformers but terrified of everything else I can think of, and of course there's our baby who will only turn a year old in a few days. With them being so young I sometimes find it a hassle or nuisance to try to think of fun, non-scary costumes, movies, activities, etc that will be family friendly and not leave them waking with nightmares at 2AM. If you have the same concerns I do but would still like to celebrate Halloween with your little babes, stay tuned for updates from us of some great solutions we have come across this year! 


Depending on the age of your little babes some of these may not work for you but here are some suggested family movies from other great sites that we have come across:



These lists have some great suggestions including one of my personal favorites: Hocus Pocus along with several other movies that I think are appropriate for certain but not all ages. As we lead up to Halloween we will scour the internet for more family friendly, not-so-scary crafts, decorations, costumes, treats, and activities to do with your little babes that won't frighten or overwhelm them. 

Stay tuned!


4 comments:

  1. Great suggestions! We will have to watch a few of these with our little guys this Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love Hocus Pocus too! We watch it every year. This might be the first year my kids can watch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hocus Pocus & It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown are my all time childhood favorites! I'm thrilled to be able to share these with my littles this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone else going to check out any new Halloween movies with their babes this year? I heard a pretty good review for Hotel Transylvania as well but I'm sketchy about these types of movies when it comes to my kids. I'd like to take them to see it if it's not TOO scary lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...