Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Say Good-bye to {Boring} Baked Beans




Brought to you by Jessica Mobley



Some people keep their best recipes under lock and key ~ this lady is NOT one of them. I consider myself to be a good cook and it's something I love to do. When I find or make up an amazing dish I want to share it with everyone! This dish is one if my most requested recipes that started as an accident.

I was looking on line for something new to try for John {my hubby} and had a couple recipes pulled up at once. I started cooking and somewhere in the middle my page got switched and finished with one of the others I had decided against. I realized this when it was time to put it in the oven ~ Oops! What came out of that oven was pure awesomeness! I immediately went through the history and wrote what was used from each recipe and saved it to my computer!

Cheesy Twice Baked Beans




1 Large can Bush's baked beans with the purple packaging.
1 lb of ground beef cooked and drained
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup light brown sugar
Shredded cheese



Mix everything EXCEPT the cheese together. Spread half of the mixture in an 8x8-baking dish, layer with shredded cheese and top with remaining mixture. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken!



This can be doubled and put into a 9x13 for large parties. And if there are any leftovers {which I doubt there will be} it also makes a great dip!  From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!


To see more from Jessica follow her on twitter @momAHOLIC_Jess



Don't forget to re-pin this recipe - find it here on our pinterest page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...