Thursday, January 19, 2012

Le bibble is the HOT new Mommy Must Have!


SO, bottles leak and babies dribble. I don't know about you but that bib or burp cloth ALWAYS seems to go missing when there's milk spilling down my little babes' chin. Have you ever just used your own shirt to save your little ones' clothes {or neck} from smelling like sour milk? Same here! But no need to any more. Rachel Flori-Urso {of Rachel Florio PR} introduced us to Le bibble® and finally the dribble issue is non-existent now! 

What is Le bibble® you might ask. Well here's how it works...

Pull your Le bibble® over the top of your little ones' bottle where the nipple ring attaches to the bottle {where leaks occur} and ..... that's it! Easy right? Our thoughts exactly! This adorable little bottle bib {available in 8 different patterns} stops leaks from the bottle and is always readily available for you to swoop in and catch any dribble running down your baby's chin. Seriously, how fab is that?  Le bibble® is eco friendly and machine washable. One size fits all bottles and Le bibble® is reversible! The list goes on and on as to why Le bibble is so amazingly wonderful but why don't you try it out for yourself to see what we're raving about? At only $9.99 each these are affordable for you or great as a gift if you know someone who is expecting!


We had a few questions for Michelle, the owner and designer behind this innovative solution, and we'd like to share our chat with you!

{Tell us about yourself and your business, Le bibble®.}

I am a single mom to a beautiful 2 year old girl, Lucie, who is the inspiration behind my business and Le bibble®. Le bibble® is a patent pending designer and organic baby bottle bib that stops leaks from baby and bottle - in eco style. We officially launched the line one year ago and I'm happy to say Le bibble® can be found in 8 countries and over 50 boutiques and growing! My funfunctional® brand is based on the notion that daily activities can be made more fun through creative expression and design. 


{When did you know you were going to take this from just a passing idea, to a business?}

As a NICU baby, Lucie spent her first week in the hospital and from day one was given bottles. I noticed how many of the bottles we used would leak and couldn't believe that these major brands of bottles didn't work properly. Additionally, Lucie was a very dribbly eater. Little drips of formula would spill down her chin, into her little neck. Le bibble® is an eco friendly solution to these problems that also makes a fashion statement!  The moment that I had the idea for Le bibble, it stuck. 

I've always been a big thinker and when the idea happened it was to create a solution for everyone, not just for my own personal use. That said, it took me about two to three months from that moment to my actual first attempt to try and make what I had envisioned. I hand-sewed a prototype and pretty quickly realized I needed to learn how to use a sewing machine to make it attractive! I still have the originals which are pretty funny to see. I think being a single mom to a baby who I have to provide for made me very determined to make this work!



{What inspired the name?}

The name "bibble" came to me at the exact moment as the idea for the product! It was one of those "a-ha" moments that I remember so clearly as I was smack-dab in the middle of feeding my daughter a leaky bottle. Bibble is a made up word combining the words "bottle" and "bib" and I envisioned it as a fashionable elastic circular bib that would snap up under the cap and block the leaks. It evolved into an accessory that does much more than block leaks, but that was my original thought. I added the "Le" to "bibble" later to make the brand more interesting and to increase the chances that the trademark would pass, which it just did last month!



{What is up next for you, are there plans to expand the line to include more products?}

At this point my focus is purely on increasing the awareness and availability of Le bibble® before introducing new products into the line. I'd like to keep the business model simple - one product, many versions. The possibilities are endless with the fashion element of Le bibble® - so many possible designers to work with on unique limited editions, full organic lines, licensing arrangements, etc. I want Le bibble® to be a way mom and baby can express their unique sense of style and personality while enjoying the functional benefits Le bibble® provides. We accessorize everything else, so why not a baby bottle?



{Do you have any advice for others out there on starting up a business like yours?}

Just do it! Trust the process. Starting a business that involves bringing a product to the market takes time, so don't get discouraged about all the elements involved in bringing your idea to fruition. Even completing just one action a day adds up. And the next thing you know you're on a roll and you can't look back. I also think it's crucial to surround yourself with positive people who believe in you and your vision. It's a roller-coaster ride with many ups and downs and having people around who support you makes all the difference. Be willing to work harder than you've ever worked and remember to have fun!

We are so thankful Michelle had time to chat with us about Le bibble® in her super busy schedule and that Rachel Florio-Urso {of Rachel Florio PR} introduced us. 

Keep up with Le bibble on Facebook and Twitter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...